Who Is on Your 2 AM Prayer List?

Today’s devotion in Our Daily Bread was entitled 2:00 AM Friends. When I saw the title, I was thinking about my 2:00 AM prayer list, which comprises people I know. I pray for them when I wake in the middle of the night (when you get older, you get to do this every night). Colossians 4:12 was part of the daily reading, “Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured” (NIV). I pray for salvations, marriages, health, and whatever may be going on in their lives. Some of those needing salvation are hard-core atheists. I can’t say I wrestle, as I seldom stay awake after I’m finished. However, I know who I’m addressing my prayer to and God never sleeps or slumbers (Ps 121:4).[1]The length of my prayers is not an issue (Matt 6:7)[2]and even my faith is not an issue because my Jesus is faithful (2 Tim 2:13).[3]Who is on your prayer list?


[1]Ps 121:4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
[2]Matt 6:7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
[3]2 Tim 2:13 if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Christian Robots

Some people say that God’s electing us for salvation would make us robots. But listen to Jesus in John 10 verses 27 and 28. “My sheep hear...