Heart Check Up




“How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?” (Ps 19:12). Only by surrendering our lives to Jesus.

How’s your heart? When was the last time you had it checked? I don’t mean your physical blood pumping heart. I’m talking about your inner being what motivates you to do good or evil.

David wanted a heart check up and he wrote about it in Psalm 19:12-14

How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

David understood that our hearts are so screwed up that we can’t really understand the evils that are hidden there. Sometimes other people will point them out and we are surprised and even embarrassed. But we get defensive and ignore them.

So, David goes to the Lord and asks him to cleanse his heart from these sins that he doesn’t even realize are there. You see, only when we turn to Jesus Christ to cleanse our hearts will we be given the power of the Holy Spirit to confess our sins and get rid of the idols in our hearts that produce the sins.

When we turn to Jesus for salvation, we will be freed from the guilt of our sins. Jesus took all our guilt away and when the Father looks at us, he doesn’t see even our great sins. He sees us through Jesus, his Son and there is no guilt.

That doesn’t give us the freedom to sin so we will pray along with David for all that comes out of hearts, our words, and our thoughts, our meditations, to be pleasing to the Lord. All because he is our Lord and Redeemer.

If you want to know more about this, 
watch my video on YouTube, "The Gospel."

May God Bless you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the Lord!

Do you love the Lord?   In Psalm 31 verses 23 and 24 David tells us this after he has asked the Lord to rescue him. Love the Lord, all y...