Search, Test, Lead Me

 



Psalm 139 verses 23 and 24 cause me to do some soul searching. It says:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



Can we honestly ask the Lord to search our heart?

He already knows it, but do we want him to reveal to us what is in our hearts?

That can be pretty scary because out of our hearts come all sorts of evils according to Jesus in Matthew 15 verse 19.

Do we want to have the Lord test us and show us that our thoughts are anxious when we are tested instead of trusting him?

Do we pray during our testing and let the peace that passes understanding calm us and take us through the trials?

Or do we panic and trust anyone or anything other than the Lord?

Then do we really want to ask the Lord to see if there is any offensive way in us?

The truth is that there are many offensive ways in us.

But the good news is that he will lead us in the way everlasting.

If you want that but haven’t turned to Jesus for salvation then watch my pinned message on my profile page, "The Gospel."

May God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the Lord!

Do you love the Lord?   In Psalm 31 verses 23 and 24 David tells us this after he has asked the Lord to rescue him. Love the Lord, all y...