God Remembers


Just what does God remember about our sins as time goes on? David penned these words in Psalm 25 verses 6 and 7.

Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love remember me,
for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!

David asks the Lord to remember his mercy and love instead of his sins.

Why can David make such a request? Isn’t God omniscient? That means he knows everything.

Is it possible for God to forget anything, much less our sins that have violated his holiness?

The quick answer is no. It is impossible for God to forget our sins. Nowhere in the Bible does it say he forgets our sins.

In fact Amos 8 verse 7 says:

 The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob:
“Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.”

But when we turn to Jesus Christ for forgiveness of our sins, we have promises that he will not remember our sins.

The difference is that he does not bring them up again.

Even though He can’t forget them, not remembering is a choice for him.

The Lord says in Isaiah 43 verse 25

I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,

and I will not remember your sins.

When we forgive someone, we should make that same choice to not remember or bring them up again, either to the other person or to ourselves.

What a great promise we have when we confess our sins and turn to Jesus for salvation.

The Lord will never bring them up to us again.

Have you turned to Jesus and prayed like David did?

If not, watch my video on YouTube, "The Gospel." 

May God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Christian Robots

Some people say that God’s electing us for salvation would make us robots. But listen to Jesus in John 10 verses 27 and 28. “My sheep hear...