Lonely, Troubled, or Afflicted?

 

What to do when you are lonely, troubled, or afflicted.

 This sounds like David in Psalm 25. Listen to what he says in verses 16 through 18

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
bring me out of my distresses.
Consider my affliction and my trouble,
and forgive all my sins.

Even the best of God’s people gets lonely at times. David was afflicted, which means he was suffering. Perhaps he was ill or just his distress and loneliness was making him sick.

David had enemies that wanted to kill him. Not many of us have that kind of distress but many of us have people at work or school or neighbors who are so caustic that just the mention of their name causes our stomachs to churn.

David had troubles. He had troubles with King Saul. At one point he was the leader of a gang of raiders who were trying to survive in the wilderness. Try to make godly decisions with that bunch of people.

We have troubles and often they are a result of our sinful decisions. In all of these things we need to do as David did and ask the Lord to forgive our sins.

Finally, David says in verse 20:

Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me!
Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.

If you are lonely, troubled, or afflicted, then turn to Jesus. Confess your sin and trust him for your salvation. Jesus said,

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

If you don't know Jesus, then watch my video on YouTube, "The Gospel in 3 Minutes" It will tell you how to know Jesus for salvation and then you will be blessed according to the Bible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Christian Robots

Some people say that God’s electing us for salvation would make us robots. But listen to Jesus in John 10 verses 27 and 28. “My sheep hear...