Perspective on Life


We all need to have a proper perspective on our lives. Psalm 39, verses 4 and 5 gives us that.

O Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!
Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths,
and my lifetime is as nothing before you.
Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!

 First, we must all know and understand that we all die. There will come that day when our days on earth end.

The second thing to know is that our life here on earth is really short. We don’t have a lot of time to waste. To know how really short it is, we must compare our life to eternity.

God lives forever. He has always been and will always be. He views our lives as even less than a minute in a thousand years.

We must also know that our life on earth is only the beginning of our lives in eternity.

Everyone will enter eternity so we must make sure that what we believe and do on earth prepares us for eternity. You see, we will be judged by the Lord to receive rewards or punishment based on this life. That’s why it is so important to know we only have this life to make the most important decisions for eternity.

Those who know Jesus will be rewarded and those who don’t will suffer for rejecting him. If you properly consider your life, then you should want to know Jesus. If you don’t know him, watch my video on the Gospel on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Repentance

What are some important things we need to understand after we have repented from a grievous sin? David provided some insight in Psalm 51:12-...