Watch What You Say


When should we guard what we say? One time is described in Psalm 39 verse 1.

I said, “I will guard my ways,
that I may not sin with my tongue;
I will guard my mouth with a muzzle,
so long as the wicked are in my presence.”

Have you ever been in the presence of foul mouthed, vulgar people and wonder how you should respond to their hateful speech?

This Psalm has two pointers for us to consider in those situations.

The first is make sure we don’t join in their abusive language and thereby sin.

The second is make sure we really shut up and don’t engage them. They are called wicked. I take this to mean that they may become physically dangerous if you try to correct them.

Another thought is to make sure we don’t encourage them. If they are telling dirty jokes, don’t laugh. If they are making offensive comments about others, walk away.

Remember also, that we are only saved from the same things when we came to know Jesus as Savior.

If you are one of the wicked and want to change all that, watch my video on the Gospel on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Repentance

What are some important things we need to understand after we have repented from a grievous sin? David provided some insight in Psalm 51:12-...